1990 Toyota Hilux Crew Cab SR5, Overland Build
Year, Make, Model
1990 Toyota Hilux Crew Cab
manual, 5 speed
5.29, ARB Air Locker
5.29, ARB Air Locker
Suspension and Steering
OME 2" lift
Tires and Wheels
32" Falken WiidPeak AT
Rare, overland build: 1990 Toyota Hilux Crew Cab SR5 4x4 with solid axle suspension, right hand drive, 5 speed manual transmission, 2.0L 4 Cylinder with ONLY 47k miles (or 76k kms)! Original engine and matches chassis #.
PRICE: FIRM: $22,000 with roof top tent or $20,000 without roof top tent. Not negotiable- very difficult to find this low mileage, updated Toyota truck and priced to sell. If it’s still posted then still available.
Serious inquires only, no trades. Registered in Washington state with clean Washington state title in hand.
Toyota Hilux crew cab imported from Japan 2⁄18 to Seattle with 35,xxx miles. All work listed below was done between 3⁄18 to 9⁄19.
A Perfect mix of modern and dependability:
Springtime is here and this truck is the perfect partner for your exploration.
Dependable, very well maintained Toyota Hilux SR5 4x4 imported from Japan. This Hilux can take you on any forest or dirt road with proven Toyota durability front and rear solid axle suspension with on-demand ARB front and rear lockers along with 2’’ ARB old man EMU suspension which is built to last and go anywhere. Also installed is a Safari Snorkel to help the truck breath better on dusty trails and any deep water crossings. Gearing is upgraded to match dirt/sand/snow/ forest road off-roading and getting over obstacles with Yukon 5.29 gears. You can air down and up your tires depending on conditions with the installed ARB air compressor.
A great overland set up with ARB steel front bumper with integrated synthetic line WARN winch and rear Warrior steel bumper and short bed sprayed with Liner X. On the power side, it comes with a REDARC isolator dual battery system to help power your refrigerator and to plug in computer and phone when off the grid and never to be stuck with a dead battery.
Also, comes with a very high quality James Baroud roof top tent with a new James Baroud mattress which fits perfectly onto a custom aluminum rack which has mounts for high jack, ARB awning and MAX TRAXs. Package is wrapped in nearly new Falken Wild Peak tires and powder coated wheels and includes full sized spare.
Thoughtfully build with brand name quality parts with all work done at quality 4x4/ overland shops (Adventure Ready, Auburn Off Road, Discount Tire (tires and wheels)) in the Seattle area.
All modifications are listed below along with date of installation and shop who did the work.
-32” Falken WildPeak A/T 3W on 15” wheels (set of 4 with brand new full size spare 32” Falken WildPeak A/T 3W): 10k miles on tires/wheels with 55,000 mile warranty: 6⁄18 -Installed and mounted: Discount Tire, Seattle, WA
Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Auburn Car and Off Road, Auburn, WA
Front ARB Winch Steel Bumper: 6⁄18 Rear Warrior Steel Bumper with wired license plate holder: 6⁄19 WARN VR8 12V Electric Winch with synthetic line: 6⁄18 IPF lights (wired to high beams): 6⁄18 Top Line BX 4004 Truck Bed Expander (turns 5 ft bed into 6 ft bed): 7⁄19
- ARB Front Locker and Rear Locker (locking differentials): 6⁄18
- OME Old Man EMU 2” Lift Kit for Suspension: 7⁄18
- ARB Air Compressor: 6⁄18
- Yukon 5.29 Gear Package: 7⁄19
- Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Auburn Car and Off Road, Auburn, WA
- Line X bed liner: 5⁄18
- Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Line X Kirkland, WA
- Custom Bed Rack: 7⁄18
- Aluminum Rack fabricated with mounts for ARB AWNING, MAX TRAXs, James Baroud Roof Top Tent, High Lift Jack
- Roof Top Tent 7⁄18: James Baroud Horizon Vision Tent (made in Portugal, very high quality) with brand new mattress
- ARB Touring Awning: 7⁄18
- Dual Battery set up: 7⁄18
- Redarc dual battery controller/ isolator (made in Australia)
- Full River DC-85 AGM Deep Cycle Aux. Battery,
- Odyssey Extreme PC-1500 AGM Start Battery
- Dual USB 4.2 A Rapid Charger
- USB in cab
- 12V socket to Full River aux. battery
- ARB Safari Snorkel: 7⁄19
- Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Adventure Ready, Seattle, WA
New stock muffler/ exhaust (10⁄19)
Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Shoreline Muffler, Shoreline, WA
New stock alternator
Equipment Purchased and Installed at: Superior Auto Service, Seattle, WA
- New air filter, oil filter, oil changed (11⁄19)
- Gear oil changed 9⁄19 at Auburn Car and Off Road, Auburn, WA
- Brake fluids changed (at Superior Auto Service) (7⁄19)
- New alternator (7⁄19)
- New stock muffler/ exhaust (10⁄19)
- Spare air filters, oil filters included in sale
No known mechanical issues, all maintenance is up to date with fresh oil change <1k miles.
- Solid front and rear axles (SAS)
- A/C blows ice cold and heating blows hot
- Stock Japanese radio (picks up AM radio)
- 5 speed manual transmission
Meticulously maintained in Japan and here - with records and invoices upon request.
The overall condition of the truck is excellent for its age. Minor dents, scratches and I’ve taken detailed pictures of them. This truck is small enough that it fits into parking garages (big plus in Seattle) and is stored in our garage when not out on the trail. If your looking for the classic Toyota durability with modern overlanding equipment, this is the rig for you!
Let me know if you have any questions/ email or want to see additional high quality pictures/ videos- best way to get in contact (respond to ad). I hope this awesome truck goes to someone who will spend years on the trail with it. You will not be disappointed!