1987 Suzuki Samurai on 35s, Toy axles, 6.5:1 TC
Year, Make, Model
1987 Suzuki Samurai
1.6L 8v swap, not completed
Gas, Carb, Harley Davidson
1983 Toyota 4Runner, 4.10, locker
1983 Toyota 4Runner, 4.10
Suspension and Steering
Spring over with Jeep YJ leaf springs
Tires and Wheels
I’ve owned this Samurai for about 8 years. It’s been great and has a lot of upgrades.
I started a 1.6L 8V engine swap and never finished it. I have no time or interest any more. I am selling as is.
- 6.5:1 transfer case gears
- 4.10:1 Axle gears, 1983 toyota 4runner axles
- ADS shocks
- YJ spring over axel lift
- Drop link shackles
- Myside (with Harley Davidson carb)
- Marine speakers and small sub woofer under drivers seat
- New stereo
- Blue underglow rock lights
- Full under body skid plate
- Full roll cage
- Nice interior seats
- Rear bumper tire carrier
- 35 inch tires
- Front locker (the locker engages when hubs are locked, without power steering it makes it hard to turn, my plan was to put power steering in but never got around to it)
- Comes with tow bar
- I never got the engine running because I wired the distributor wrong, should be an easy fix, I just havent had the time.
- 1st gear synchros are worn so you have to double clutch to engage.
- Needs a new clutch cable bracket.
- Drivers side front axle seal needs replaced.
- The guy who welded the rear spring perches did it at the wrong angle, it doesnt have to be fixed but would ride smoother with new perches or angled wedges.
It needs a little work but could be fully running with 1 day in the garage.
I have a full hydraulic steering kit for it, but I never installed it, if youre interested in it, its $500 additional.