1987 Suzuki Samarai, propane, TSL SX, locked, SOA
Year, Make, Model
1987 Suzuki Samurai
6.5:1 included but not installed
locker, Spidertrax Birfield rings
Suspension and Steering
Spring Over, Rancho RS5000 shocks
Rears Up Front, missing link shackles
missing link shackles
power steering conversion
Tires and Wheels
Super Swamper TSL SX
Custom built 1987 Suzuki Samurai rock crawler 4x4. Too many parts and modifications on this to list but I will try to list what I can remember…. Custom one-off roll cage with removable 1⁄4” thick lexan windshield, hi-lift jack mount, and spare tire mount on back to protect propane tanks from impacts. Wink mirror and passenger side convex mirror for wide rear views.
- 1⁄2 doors that I made from a set of factory doors. Factory mirrors on doors still.
- Extra bright aftermarket projector beam headlights.
- Hood pins down for secure, easy opening.
- Barely rode on, 15” Super Swamper SX tires with spare, on modular style chrome wheels.
- Drop in lockers in both front and rear axles.
- Differential guards on both axles.
- Front axle has Spidertrax birfield reinforcement rings pressed on and knuckles clearanced.
- Has power steering conversion on it with Tracker pump and crossover steering with Mercedes steering arm.
- Full size GM alternator conversion for higher amp output for lights, winch etc. New battery.
- Custom rear tube bumper with rear backup lights inset.
- Front frame horn extension with custom front winch mount bumper.
- Onboard battery charger/maintainer.
- Wet seat wetsuit seat covers for easy cleaning, just pull floor plugs, hose out interior, then let dry!
- 3” wide 5 point harnesses on both seats.
- CB radio and antenna for car to car communication.
- Engine runs on propane now instead of gasoline with a Got Propane conversion kit. Has 2 forklift cylinders in back mounts for days of riding without worry of running out. Propane burns cleaner and at all angles for bog and stumble free running off road. Will keep running even if you get sideways or crazy angles.
- K&N air filter and breather.
- Ceramic coated header and turbo muffler for better power without being loud.
- All brake hoses have been replaced with longer braided s/s lines for unhindered articulation.
- Spring-over lift with RUF (rear up front) conversion for better ride.
- Both front and rear axles have missing link style shackles for more axle droop out and articulation off road.
- Rancho rs 5000 shocks at all 4 corners. Front shock hoops.
- Cage has bimini soft top and rear windjammer panel.
- KC lights mounted on A pillar panel but not hooked up yet.
- Manual trans with good clutch.
- Has stock geared transfercase in it still but I have a 6.5 to 1 low geared transfercase that I’ll throw in for full price deal! 6.5 to 1 case allows super low crawling. You can put up to 34” tall tires on it without regearing axles as the 6.5 transfercase has high range correction in it already! Low gear transfer and 1st gear it idles up things at idle. You could get out and walk alongside as it idles in gear. Lol.
- I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things at least. Must see to appreciate.
- Runs and drives great! Street legal still.
Only selling to recoup some of what I have invested to use towards a UTV.
You couldn’t build this for what I’m selling it for. Money in parts alone I have invested, not including any labor, are more than what I’m selling it for.
But as they say, my loss is your gain!