1980 Full Size Jeep Cherokee Project - 6.0, D60s, Atlas, 40"s
San Bernardino, CA
Year, Make, Model
1980 Jeep Cherokee
Ford HP Dana 60, 4.10, Detroit locker
Ford Dana 60, 4.10, welded
Suspension and Steering
Spring over with new leaf springs
Rebuilt steering box drilled/tapped for hydro-assist
Tires and Wheels
40"x13.5"x17 Nitto Grapplers
1980 Jeep Cherokee FSJ project
Currently does not run - needs lots of work to run/drive
I have the clear CA title from previous owner - not been registered in a long time, might have fallen out of system.
Do not want to part out or sell anything separately now. I will list parts when/if I do.
It has a 6.0/4l80E/NP261? (its the push button one,not sure).
They are currently installed with Novak motor mounts. All stock with the factory exhaust manifold.
- Ford HP60 up front - 4.10 gears Detroit locker, fresh oil, new brake calipers.
- Ford D60 in the rear 4.10 gears, welded.
- Tires are Nitto Grapplers 40 x 13.5 x 17
- Steering box professionally rebuilt by West Texas Offroad - drilled and tapped for hydro assist steering. Ram,hoses and fittings included.
- Interior is well used but not trashed
- Body has surface rust, rear drivers side qtr panel dented but its a southern California vehicle so no major rust.
Spring over lift with brand new leaf springs. Rear shackle mount needs to be redone/fixed,previous shop messed it up. New shocks.
It needs: exhaust system from manifold back, cooling system (I have a new radiator and fans), fuel system ( new inline pump included), driveshafts lengthened and installed, wiring/computer installed, shifters for the trans/t -case,gauges installed (I have the Dakota Digital ones, very nice)
It’s sitting on my trailer so delivery is an option.
Text me for pictures